Friday, June 27, 2008

Merry Christmas!

by Jason and Jessica

So you're probably wondering why we titled this blog post "Merry Christmas" at the end of June! Well, that's because we thought we'd tell you the story of the first time Jason told me that he liked me - which happened to be at Christmastime. It was actually while we were on the college Christmas lights activity. We had so much fun that night! The college took a whole bunch of students down to Navy Pier and down the Magnificent Mile in Chicago to look at the lights. It was so beautiful! The college also put on a Christmas concert inside the pier (Jason's group sang!). There were games and ice skating and lots of different restaurants and a mall! This was one of the college's major dating activities, and I was very glad to be able to go with Jason! He bought me a delicious Mexican dinner and we walked around to see all of the different displays and lights together. It was a blast! But I'll let Jason continue this story for a bit - he was, after all, a big part of it. ;)


Here Jason and I are sitting amongst the different trees in Navy Pier's Winter Wonderland. It was gorgeous!

And here I am again to continue this story. So... it really was a great time. Because of the freshmen no dating policy it was hard for us to spend much time together that first semester, so these approved dating activities were always a treat and very welcomed. It had definitely been something that I had been looking forward to for a long time. A lot of that had to do with the fact that its always right around the time of my birthday so its a nice birthday present for me every year. But more than that I was looking forward to being able to spend an entire evening with Jessica. The bus drive to Chicago was a lot of fun and we enjoyed it very much. The group of friends we were with made it even that much more enjoyable. Downtown Chicago was a lot of fun and it wasn't that cold so it was good. At Navy Pier, we had a great time walking around talking and enjoying the sights. As Jessica said before, my tour group sang for the concert, so that made it a lot of fun too. The whole night was a blast! So here's Jessica again for a scoop on the evening as it began to wind down...


This was our seat on the bus as we rode up to Chicago.

Well, the evening began coming to a close - as most evenings do - and we were getting ready to load back up on the buses. The buses, by the way, were really cool! They were each decorated and had a different name like The Grinch, Rudolph, and Santa, to name a few. I think we were on Rudolph but I can't remember. Anyway, Jason and I made a few last trips through some of the shops and stores, not wanting the night to be over - we were having too much fun! But the crowds started moving out and loading up, so we found our bus and got aboard. We went back to our seat and started talking about how much fun we had. Jason...


These were a few of the people in our group that we walked around with. They were great fun! And isn't the backdrop beautiful?!

Yes, I am back to finish this off. Well we now had about and hour an a half ride back to the college. We had a great ride talking about the night we'd enjoyed together and kinda reminiscing about our times together in the past. Once we got back to the college, it was almost time for us to part. It was a really emotional time and kinda romantic... if a school bus can be romantic. Now for a long time I'd wanted to tell Jessica that I liked her but I wanted the right time. So as we were pulling in to the college I told her for the first time after talking for 6 1/2 months that I liked her. Made me feel pretty good because I'd been wanting to get that out for quite a long time! And I meant it then and I still mean it now! I like Jessica a whole lot! She's my best friend! So I'll let her add anything else to finish this up...


Here is the Hylander Singing Men singing at the concert. (There's Jason at the piano!!)

Well, I guess I'll just end by saying that was the perfect ending to a perfect evening. We had just finished a beautiful Christmas date and Jason Felt had just told me he like me! The day couldn't have been made any better. I'm so glad I had the honor of going with Jason! He's amazing, and I still can't believe that he wants to date me, and I like him too. It's so great to have a best friend like Jason! He's my hero! The end.

No comments:


____________________________

____________________________

Hallmark E-Cards

Web Site Hit Counter