Friday, August 29, 2008

Days 6 & 7 - Getting Reacquainted

by Jason

On Friday, we were able to spend time relaxing at Grandma and Grandpa's house for awhile, watching TV, and eating. We seemed to find ourselves doing that alot. But its alright because I sure enjoyed it! We enjoyed so much good food that I am about ready to bust right now but I wouldn't trade it for anything! That evening, Jessica and I were able to go to my Pastor's house for dinner with him and his family. Mrs. Hack is an incredible cook and this meal was no different! Pastor grilled burgers, and there was corn and potatoes, and vegetables, and all kinds of other things! Mrs. Hack is single-handedly responsible for making me fat!

Saturday, we started out the day by going back to church for soul winning and bus visitation. I was able to go out with Pastor, and Jessica went with my sister, Alyssa. I love going soul winning with my Preacher. Not only is he a great soul winner, but he is just so much fun to spend any amount of time with. I was able to lead a 30 year old lady to Christ, and she sounded very interested about visiting the church. We got a few sign ups for the bus route in that area as well. After soul winning, we headed back down to Grandma and Grandpa's to pack all our stuff again before heading over to a graduation party for one of my cousins and Rachel. There, we got to see all the aunts and uncles and cousins that we haven't seen in quite a while. After spending a few hours there, we made the trip back up to Elmira, to the Shaw's house. This is where my parent's lived for a year before coming to Indiana. The Shaw's, who are faithful members of our church allowed them to rent the apartment they own next door for a very minimal cost. They made dinner for us and we enjoyed another night of food, fun, and fellowship.


No comments:


____________________________

____________________________

Hallmark E-Cards

Web Site Hit Counter